Friday, April 15, 2011

Washington DC for Free--Well, Kind Of

We got amazing news today. Mr. B. is a match for someone who needs a bone marrow transplant. Actually, he won't be donating his bone marrow; it will be a less invasive procedure where they take the stem cells out of his blood after 4 days of injections. The procedure (after the 4 days of injections) will consist of 8 hours of him hooked up to something that reminds me of a dialysis machine. I'm so proud of him and his willingness to do something wonderful for someone he has never met. I'm grateful it's not the extremely painful process of having bone marrow extracted, but he was completely ready to do it. I admire him so much for his generous nature and desire to help others (one of the reasons I married him). In addition to the wonderful feeling connected with helping another human being, we will be flown to our Nation's Capital--a place that I LOVE to visit. Mr. B. has never been and I am so excited to share my favorite spots with him. Now I just need to find a babysitter for the puppy--any takers?

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest, most selfless act I've heard of in ages. Good for Mr. B!!! He's a keeper ;)

Denise Palmer said...

Hey Tina - it's Bekah's mom. I so admire your husband for what he is doing. My niece had to have a bone marrow transplant when she was 6 years old. It has been almost 20 years, and she still keeps in touch with her donor and family. It has been an amazing journey - so way to go Mr. B. PS. Everyone should be on the marrow donor list!!

Abbie said...

Sounds like a great trip for a great reason!! I would totally take the pup...except that I have 4 small kids...who would LOVE her...more than any dog should have to be loved. Our dog is very sturdy, but extremely gentle.

Centralkansas said...

So great of Ken. BTW I'll keep Louie. Just bring him over. Love, Mom

Post a Comment