Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miscellaneous Musings

For the past four Wednesdays I have been learning about Equine Therapy. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is using horses as kind of a "co-therapist" in my work with children and adolescents. So, assuming we can find funding, I am going to get to spend part of my summer teaching kids about relationships, feelings and trust using some amazing animals.
*When my boss emailed me this picture I almost didn't recognize myself! It's amazing the tricks your mind can play on you when you loose weight. I can look in the mirror and still see myself 3 sizes ago, so it's nice to see irrefutable proof of what my clothing tags have been telling me.
In other news, check out the cool pictures I took with my phone. I was driving home from seeing clients in Socorro and drove right past a wildland fire. While I can not confirm nor deny that I was driving while operating a camera phone, I will point out that these are pretty good shots under the circumstances.
And finally: one of our neighbors came over this morning to return some movies Mr. B. had lent him while said neighbor was recovering from a gunshot wound. Our neighbor is a S.W.A.T. officer and was wounded in the line of duty. Mr. SWAT has a giant German Shepherd who he is training as a police dog. Louie, of course, immediately began attempting to dominate Kody (see two posts ago for detailed description of Louie in order to understand how ridiculous this was). Kody has been learning how to bite. When he had enough of Louie in his face he reached down and wrapped his mouth around Louie's torso. Mr. SWAT reacted immediately and separated the dogs. Louie was completely unharmed. Kody didn't even leave any drool on him.
My hope is that Louie MIGHT have learned a few manners, but I doubt it since he appeared unfazed by the entire incident. He has been trying to leverage the experience into additional treats today, though.....I swear he would sell his soul (or his mamma) for one of his "Crack Snacks".

No comments:

Post a Comment