Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Honeymoon Phase"

Mr Bond and I have been married for 3 months and 3 days. I thought I had a pretty realistic idea of what marriage would be like, after all:
  1. Both of my parents are on their third marriage.
  2. Some of my uncles have been married (many) more times than that.
  3. My career has brought me into close contact with every type of functional and dysfunctional family imaginable.

HOWEVER:

Marriage is so much better than I ever imagined!

Maybe we are still in our "honeymoon phase" as some people think; perhaps it's because Mr. Bond is regularly on 24, 48, and 72 hour shifts--which equates to missing each other for 24, 48, and 72 hours at a time--; or perhaps (as I believe) it's because we almost lost each other (twice) and so we are not taking a single moment for granted. The usual irritants...toothpaste, toilet seats, dirty socks, and body odors...just don't seem to matter when compared to what we had to overcome to get to this place.

This place: in which I get warm fuzzies when he tells me he loves me, or texts me randomly during the day, or vacuums the living room when I'm at work, or we lay in bed at night and talk for an hour about whatever is on our minds. I pray it's not just a "honeymoon phase", because this place is the happiest I have ever been.

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Oh honey! I'm so happy for you guys! You deserve every second of the honeymoon phase available. Keep it going for always :)

Anonymous said...

We're still like that after 7 years. I'm still in deep smit...oh, and it's not called "vacuuming"...it's called "chore-play."
*wink*

Christina said...

It's so wonderful to see you so happy! It gives a single gal like myself hope that my very own Mr. Bond is out there!

Post a Comment